Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by AK Steel
- Performs emergency firefighting responses.
- Member of the company's first response for fires, confined space rescue, and medical emergencies.
- Performs medical emergency response, first aid, basic life support and CPR as needed.
- Administers the company?s fire prevention programs, procedures and initiatives.
- Maintains fire system inspection documentation consistent with current MIOSHA and NFPA requirements.
- Assists in the planning and development of new fire safety plans and programs and the adoption of new fire safety equipment to be employed within the plant.
- Maintains standard operating procedures and training records.
- Inspects plant facilities, in conjunction with plant management to discover and correct fire hazard conditions and assists in the development of engineered and administrative systems to prevent injury or illness.
- Monitors fire extinguish usage, repairs fire extinguishers and refills water and BC dry chemical fire extinguishers when necessary.
- Works closely with security, safety, environmental and UAW personnel to coordinate emergency response activities.
- Works closely with insurance providers and city officials on inspection recommendations and audits.
- Participates in fire system inspections, hot work permit audits and fire prevention equipment maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a plant environment.
- Completion of Firefighter I and II certification courses required.
- EMT license required.
- Completed Hazmat 40 hour certification.
- Extensive knowledge of fire suppression systems, detection systems and fire prevention requirements.
- Knowledge of MIOSHA and NFPA Standards.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, any day of the week and overtime as needed.
Biddeford Fire Department
City of San Marcos
Bureau of Land Management
Commander, Navy Installations
Management & Training Corporation
State of Oklahoma