Asset Protection Specialist - N Little Rock
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Kroger
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Protect company assets through the execution of safety, inventory recovery and internal and external theft reduction programs. Assist with reduction of loss inventory, time, and assets. Monitor surveillance equipment. Identify, observe and apprehend shoplifters and others (internal or external) involved in acts of dishonesty. Works with the District Loss Prevention Manager in the implementation and oversight of loss prevention initiatives. Maintain a high degree of integrity, honesty and professionalism in carrying out responsibilities. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
* Conduct plain clothes surveillance to detect internal and external loss within a store environment.
* Conduct internal and external investigations on matter affecting the company.
* Apprehend individuals involved in illegal acts.
* Comply with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as company policies and procedures when carrying out responsibilities.
* Conducts physical security checks. Makes recommendations to prevent loss and improve profitability.
* Partner with law enforcement and prepare case reports for criminal prosecution.
* Responsible for heightening store loss prevention awareness.
* Serve as a liaison with district and division personnel to identify and develop solutions for shrink related opportunities.
* Work in a multi unit environment.
* Complete thorough reports on all loss prevention related activities.
* Support the District LPM in the execution of loss prevention initiatives.
* Ensure the implementation and effectiveness of loss prevention strategies at store level.
* Assist the District LPM with external and internal investigations as required.
* Testify in court and labor hearings resulting from loss prevention related activities.
* Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
* Test functionality of store loss prevention equipment (EAS, Lane Hawk, CCTV, etc?) during store visit.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to work weekends and varied schedule
* Ability to travel to varied work locations
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good customer service skills
* Ability to diffuse confrontational situations
* Ability to stand and / or walk for long periods of time
* Minimum 1 year retail loss prevention experience
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Operational knowledge of CCTV systems
* Multi store loss prevention experience
* College degree
* Wicklander certification
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 100%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit? by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AR -- North Little Rock -- 2509 Mccain Blvd -- 72116 -- Kroger Stores -- None -- Loss Prevention -- Employee -- Non-Exempt -- Full-Time -- None SDL2017