Executive Assistant/Analyst, Federal Regulatory Affairs
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by T-Mobile
The employee will perform dedicated administrative duties for the Vice President, Federal Regulatory Affairs and will also provide similar duties on an ad-hoc basis for other professionals in the office.
The employee needs to work with minimal supervision on complex media and research projects and assist others as needed. The work requires media and communication savvy, analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment as well as knowledge of corporate policy. The employee is often called upon to interpret and communicate an executive's intent to other managers and may make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature. The employee must be highly organized, have good interpersonal skills, excellent writing and editing skills, and be results focused. Desirable traits include strategic thinking and relationship building.
* Perform advanced-level administrative work of a complex nature, including planning, coordinating, organizing, and producing work that requires a high-level of discretion and confidentiality.
* Execute ad-hoc or continuous research, including determining the approach, compiling and analyzing the data, and preparing reports and recommendations.
* Assist in the development of presentation materials, such as Power Point decks, talking points, graphs and decks.
* Assist in the management of Social Media communication and campaigns, including Twitter and Facebook.
* Coordinate activities within the Regulatory Affairs team, among the Government Affairs team (local and remote), between departments corporate-wide, and with outside parties, including but not limited to outside counsel, lobbyists, consultants, subject matter experts, and government personnel.
* Manage the executive's schedule, arrange appointments, travel, meetings, conference calls, expense reporting, etc.
* Organize and track the Regulatory Affairs team calendar, including regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
* Solicit input, prepare briefing and logistics documents, develop agendas, and organize attachments for internal and external meetings, including conference room set-up, welcoming guests, and conference room clean-up.
* Contact company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information on behalf of the executive.
* 5+ years of supporting executives.
* 2+ years interfacing with law firms or interfacing with the federal government.
* Expert level skills in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the Internet, VPN, Skype, Visio, Concur, project management, as well as personal and shared electronic file management.
* Ability to communicate effectively in multi-media environment and experience managing media web-sites is preferred in a professional environment.
* Should be comfortable working flexible hours in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and keyboard for long periods of time and work in an open office (cubicle), easily distracted environment.
* Able to prioritize, plan, schedule, and organize multiple and large projects simultaneously according to the importance of the projects or tasks assigned.
* Understand current office practices, policies, procedures, and services of the department.
* Able to interact and communicate effectively, tactfully, and respectfully with others in all possible situations.
* 2+ years of telecom or wireless industry experience preferred
* Associates Degree ? or ?
* Equivalent of 5+ years of experience.
Must be US work authorized and able to pass the required background check along with meeting the above required educational/experience requirements as listed. SDL2017