Ecommerce Loss Prevention Investigator - (F.18.26)
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Michaels Stores
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, with more than 1,300 stores in the United States and Canada. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Ecommerce Loss Prevention Investigator located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
As an Ecomm Loss Prevention Investigator, you will be focused on evaluating transactions using established criteria to detect potential incidents of fraud. Follow procedures to cancel, suspend or further investigate suspicious orders. Analyze the results of reports and system queries to identify areas of potential concern. Develop the competencies and expertise necessary to identify fraud warning signs and noteworthy trends in transaction data. Maintain support documentation and keep adequate records to enable Loss Prevention or law enforcement to investigate and resolve cases of fraud and abuse. Provide fraud investigation and troubleshooting support to internal functions and third party service providers. Make recommendations for process improvements and help fine-tune the criteria used to identify incidents of fraud and abuse.
How will you do it?
Investigations (85% of time spent)
* Investigates all Michael Companies online orders for payment and policy validation through investigation review process
* Investigates all Michael Companies online orders identifying fraudulent or abuse activity by unauthorized consumers or internal personnel
* Responds to industry fraud alert, bank alerts and customer alerts
* Maintain blacklists
* Support investigations for Operational Resilience and Loss Prevention teams as needed
* Supports and provides all necessary documents to internal Loss Prevention and law enforcement agencies and/or financial fraud entities as necessary
* Research and process chargebacks and financial disputes
* Identify trends and make recommendations to criteria for fraud orders review as necessary
* Works to set consistent processes in place for repeatability and risk mitigation
* Chargebacks, Analysis and Reporting
* Analyze disputes and reports for fraud emerging trends and behaviors
Communication (10% of time spent)
* Initiate outbound calls and emails to customers about order-related issues accept inbound replies and inquiries
* Utilize and manage standardized communication templates
* Support customers, stores, company staff, and vendors by providing prompt and accurate follow-up in a helpful and professional manner
* Stay informed of Michaels call center procedures
Projects (5% of time spent)
* Assist with system testing and special projects
* Supports launch processes for limit abuse and payment
* May work on any other special projects or assignments that are assigned by the Manager
What you will need to do your job...
* High School Diploma or GED. College Degree Preferred
* Business, Criminal Justice or related field
* LPC/LPQ Certification a plus
* Microsoft Office (outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
* 3-5 years of experience in Loss Prevention, Retail, Law Enforcement, and/or Ecommerce.
* Experience conducting in-depth investigations (multi-store or Ecomm investigations experience a plus).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including detailed investigative report writing.
* Investigations (Ecomm investigations experience a plus).
* High degree of initiative and motivation.
* Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
* Communication SDL2017