Post Certificate Security Officer
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Sharp Healthcare
The Post Cert Security Officer provides security services to areas of high risk security situations as required to the Sharp HealthCare facilities, staff, volunteers and patients and also functions as a crime deterrent. Individual will have the ability to work throughout the Sharp system not just in one location. We offer highly competitive pay rates, flexible scheduling, and monthly commitment with mandatory weekends.
This is a float pool position through Staffing Resource Network (SRN). The SRN department offers opportunities to experience a wide range of patient care at various sites within Sharp HealthCare. Sharp promotes quality patient-family centered care in a team environment with excellent customer service. This position requires an enthusiastic, positive individual willing to be a part of a dynamic float pool servicing all of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position required to float throughout Sharp HealthCare, San Diego County
*Per Diem position*- variable start and stop times of shift, including every other weekend.
8 hours usual shift, but may work 4 hour shifts as needed. This position is per diem which means the hours are on an 'as needed basis'. They can vary anywhere from 0-80 hours per pay period.
*THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME/ PART-TIME POSITION.*
Will work at various healthcare assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice to cover call offs, vacation leaves, and/or extra coverage requests.
*Required Skills and Qualifications*
* Current CA Driver's License
* Current CA Guard Card
* Minimum California Advanced Peace Officer's Standardized Training (POST) Certificate
* Must be a service retired California Police Officer or Sheriff's Deputy, or have ten years of service as a California Police Office or Sheriff's Deputy
* Ability to utilize resources in an organized manner.
* Extensive knowledge of penal codes
* Effective interpersonal, communication and customer relations' skills
* Ability to demonstrate effective use of various defensive devises such as tasers, pepper spray, handcuffs and ASP-defensive baton
* Experienced in use of tasers, pepper spray, ASP- defensive baton & handcuffs
* Ability to write and compose incidents reports and daily logs utilizing correct English grammar and composition.
*Preferred Skills and Qualifications*
* Current CA Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) license
* Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview * .
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords, Police Officer, Police Officer jobs, Sheriff Officer, Sheriff Officer jobs, police officer jobs in San Diego, sheriff jobs in San Diego, retired police offer, retired sheriff officer.
**Job:** **Security Jobs*
**Organization:** **87330 - Staffing Resource Network*
**Title:** *Post Certificate Security Officer*
**Location:** *San Diego-Spectrum*
**Requisition ID:** *91904*