Security Operations SOC Manager
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Role will move to the Chicago Data Center in early 2019
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Security Operations Center SOC Manager Candidate will be responsible for guiding and managing a team, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall security, and Data Protection. Responsible for complete end to end monitoring of security operations technologies. Implements and utilizes various operational measurement metrics to maintain a robust network following industry standards of operational excellence. Coaches and develops the SOC team in various core disciplines, including but not limited to procedure improvement, customer focus and notifications with focus upon employee skill development and career growth. Ensures all operational employees are trained and qualified with new technology deployments. Maintains open communication channels with internal cross-functional teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Ensures completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Oversees active security monitoring and troubleshooting of the enterprise network infrastructure, and ensure that all issues are escalated to appropriate contacts and updates given as necessary until the issue is resolved. Engages engineering support teams, including Network, Telecom, and Network Security/Firewall Services, as required.
- Ensures the appropriate tools and resources are in place to enable your team to respond quickly to network outages and customer trouble reports.
- Promotes a sense of urgency in responding to any customer issues and ensuring network reliability and availability at all times. Assists in the provisioning of services, including network changes and assist other IT groups with technical support services.
- Manages outsourced services within project constraints. Supports directors to evaluates vendor performance, needs assessment, spend optimization, and risk management.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in a Security operations supervisor role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in a network operations management role.
- Experience with conducting and directing research into IT issues and products as required.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Firewall technologies, such as Check Point, Cisco, and/or Fortinet.
- Willing to work in a 24/7 environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Experience with Load Balancing technologies, such as Cisco and/or F5
- At least 2 years of experience managing external vendors, including coordination of off-shoring work.
- Experience managing and building technical teams in a 24/7 environment.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.