Senior Quantity Surveyor - Structures
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
The primary objectives are as followed:
- Take commercial ownership of the project from estimating following contract award.
- Produce internal commercial budget and commercial strategy for incorporation into the Project Execution Plan for successful project delivery.
- Liaise and provide commercial support to the internal buying department in the procurement of materials and any sub-contracted elements.
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly applications for payments as well as monitoring and ensuring prompt payment.
- Lead and manage the change control process and ensure all variations to the contract are identified and priced to ensure full recovery
- Negotiate and agree value of all variations with the client organisation.
- Manage and maximise positive project cashflow including producing the weekly report
- Monitor, analyse and manage all internal and external project costs.
- Provide commercial and contractual advice and support to the Project Team.
- Ensure all contractual notices and procedures within the contract are adhered to and fulfilled.
- Prepare, submit and where appropriate agree the final application for payment to the client.
- Prepare the monthly internal and external commercial reports and CVRs
- Manage, mentor and professionally develop junior commercial staff.
- Ensure project compliance with all internal commercial and contractual governance.
The ideal candidate will have held a similar position for a minimum of 3 years. Structural steel experience is ideal however applicants from a Main Contract background are welcomed. A Quantity Surveying and/or Commercial Management degree is preferred but not essential
Calco Technical Recruitment Professionals