Injection Moulding Technician
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
PERMANENT up to £32k
Our client, a large manufacturing business, have a requirement to recruit a well versed injection moulding technician to join their team.
The position of Injection Mould Technician will work within the Manufacturing department and offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the implementation of innovative products and initiatives to help improve both efficiencies and waste.
Applicants will ideally be an apprentice served Technician,and possess excellent technical knowledge of plastics and polymers and have substantial experience of working on hydraulic Injection Moulding machines.
As an Injection Moulding Technician, you will be involved in the setting and changing of mould tools, validation of new tooling and the analysis of defect, fixture or material problems.
Specific Duties, but not limited to:
• Ensure optimization of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
• Maximising production efficiencies by performing Lean, Kaizen and 5S activities and ascertain machine capability using SPC.
• Working strictly to the Health & Safety Policy ensuring P.P.E. is supplied and worn at all times.
• Set machine and processing equipment to specification.
• Carry out tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times.
• Working with development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology.
• Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required.
• Perform regular quality checks at each stage of the injection moulding process, including 1st offs, last-offs and IPC.
• Ensure all validated processes are running within the defined scope of the process parameters.
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the plastics department Supervisor/Manager.
Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing desirable.
• Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials.
• Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Familiar with IML robotic systems and 6 axis robots.
• Health and Safety issues Codes of practice relevant to the industry.
• Experience in communicating actively & effectively to team members.
• Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups.
• Good mechanical aptitude numerate and literate skills.
• Team player - Willing to train other employees and learn additional skills where required.
• Apprenticeship served/formal training in plastics processing.
• Experience of Setting machines / Optimising processes / Process trials & validation.
This is a permanent role where you will expected to work regular office hours 8am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
In return you can expect a salary of up to £30k ( dependant on experience ).
This vacancy is being advertised by AMF Recruitment Ltd, a specialist recruitment business supporting the manufacturing industry
Equals One Ltd