Deputy Director of Performance
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Anonymous
The Finegreen Group is working in partnership with an NHS organisation based in London that requires an experienced interim Deputy Director of Performance for a three-month assignment commencing in December.
The successful candidate will be required to provide expert knowledge regarding the developing nature of national performance measures and targets. In addition, the post holder will lead on and the development of local requirements to support the development and implementation of the organisation's operating plan.
Other key role requirements include leading on the monitoring and management of acute performance working closely with the Head of Performance to drive performance improvement and to ensure delivery of all national and local performance targets across the sector.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Lead the development and implementation of a performance management framework and strategy ensuring consistency of delivery;
- Lead monitoring of performance, identifying variance with local and/or national targets and escalating performance issues for resolution;
- Provide briefings and support CCG Leads for the formal accountability meetings with NHS England at times this may require attendance at assurance meetings as advised by CCGs;
- Lead the production of comprehensive performance reports for Board, Executive Team and management teams ensuring consistency of quality;
- Work directly with Acute Trusts and in collaboration with contract teams to facilitate improved performance;
- Work with the clinical directorate and clinical networks to provide an interface between performance management of key national targets and the further development of clinical quality measures to be incorporated into acute contracts;
- Work closely with NHS England and Care Quality Commission to manage relationships, expectations and meet all performance reporting requirements.
Key experience and skills;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with knowledge of the key acute systems and information sets is essential;
- Ability to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups;
- Expert negotiation skills;
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands;
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options;
- Ability to carry out procurements for highly detailed, high value contracts that require analysis, comparison and assessment;
- Experience of delivering strategic plans across NHS organisations and systems;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight and often changing deadlines;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills;
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change;
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
If you have the experience detailed above and would like to apply for this role please forward an up to date CV to Richard Haggarty at The Finegreen Group using the apply online link on this page