Interim Pressure Surge Manager
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Anonymous
* The surge hub ensures that there is oversight of surges in demand and that action to manage these are enacted at times of pressure. The post holder will be one of the main contacts for hospitals across the patch on issues relating to surge management and will need to provide assurance to key stakeholders, including CCGs, NHSE and NHSI.
* They will lead on day to day issues regarding interfaces between acute Trusts and social and community care providers.
* The post holder will be required to work 1:3 weekends as part of an agreed rota.
Daily Surge Management
* Supporting the cluster to improve and achieve local A&E targets working closely with providers as part of the daily surge management process. This includes leading daily surge calls, production of reports and implementation of identified actions.
* Working with local urgent care networks and borough leads to assist with trouble shooting/action plans to alleviate bed pressures and acting as a liaison point where appropriate.
* Liaison with LAS regarding pressures, and participation in pan London groups on Intelligent Conveyancing.
* Participation in response to internal and external incidents
NHSE Liaison and Assurance
* Coordination of responses to NHS England on urgent care matters, and development of remedial action/recovery plans (in liaison with local urgent care leads and NHSI).
* Support on Winter Planning for urgent care services, in close liaison with local urgent care leads and providers. This will include submission of assurance documentation, recovery plans and ad-hoc requests.
* On-Call support for the cluster (to support the Chief Officers/Directors on-call) during working hours.
* Co-ordination of the on-call rota and delivery of on call training.
* Weekend and bank holiday working as part of the on call surge rota, leading calls and production of system wide reports.
* Communicate and provide information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders through a variety of mediums, including written reports and presentations.
* Compile information about projects, initiatives and services for a wide range of senior stakeholders
* Provide advice, obtain high-level input on behalf of colleagues and communicate key messages on behalf of the member CCGs including preparing reports and briefings for directors and stakeholders. For example, drafting reports summarising status on issues, appraising outcomes, and providing progress reports as required
The post-holder will be required to work with a wide range of stakeholders, including some or all of the following:
* CCG Chief Officers, Clinical Chairs and Directors of Commissioning
* Head of Pressure Surge
* Other Surge leads within London
* CCG Urgent Care leads
* NHS England
* NHS Improvement
* Hospital Directors and staff
* London Ambulance Service
* Urgent care service providers (e.g. walk-in centres, urgent care centres, GP out-of-hours)
* GPs and practice staff
* Mental Health providers
* Community providers
* Commissioning Support Unit (CSU) including Communications, Performance and 111
* Local Authorities