Senior planner (policy) - Lambeth
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Anonymous
To assist the strategic planning and regeneration process by: assisting with the formulation, monitoring and review of the Council's planning policies, associated research/evidence and carrying out any necessary consultation work; preparing supplementary planning documents and guidance; preparing Article 4 directions; supporting the preparation of neighbourhood plans; providing advice and support on development management and regeneration matters; inputting into development projects; and the preparation of site policies and development briefs.
Key Unit Accountabilities:
* To contribute to all policy review work, including the development, monitoring and review of statutory planning policy, neighbourhood plans, planning policy guidance and other planning policy initiatives.
* To conduct all types of planning policy work including: formulation of the development plan; preparation of site policies and planning briefs; Article 4 directions, development of planning guidance and Supplementary Planning Documents; provision of advice to Development Management, and attending public meetings.
* To ensure appropriate public participation in the development and review of the Council's planning policies, and to analyse the results thereof.
* To assist in the formulation and development of systems to monitor and review the effectiveness of the Council's planning policies.
* To assist in the promotion of the Council's planning policy objectives on London wide planning matters through liaison with the GLA and Mayor, other boroughs and external bodies and agencies.
* To assist with the establishment, and development of the policies required to negotiate and implement effective S106 agreements / planning obligations and infrastructure levy/contributions
* To prepare and present quality professional advice, briefing information and reports, to appropriate individuals and bodies at all levels of the council's governance arrangements and to external organisations, public meetings and site visits as required.
* To prepare and present statements and evidence for public inquiries, including the examination of the Local Plan.
* Local Authority experience desirable
* Senior planner role experience essential