Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Anonymous
* To provide a professional lead to a team of specialist individuals responsible for ensuring new roads and changes to existing roads are delivered to appropriate contemporary and national design standards.
* To work as a member of the management team within the Communities Department.
* To apply advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in order to critically assess complex highway engineering designs and provide comprehensive written reports accordingly; this ensuring adoption of sustainable and appropriate highway asset.
* To lead the preparation and co-ordination of technical engineering and highway adoption input and responses to Strategic Development sites, ensuring innovative community, place shaping and efficient delivery of growth.
* To be responsible for the management of staff working within the Road Agreements Function
* To be responsible for ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Management qualification (NVC Level 6 (or equivalent) or significant management experience within a similar work place.
* Degree level qualification in a discipline relevant to the post OR substantial experience in a discipline relevant to the role.
* Experience of managing a team of multi-disciplinary staff, including all aspects of staff management.
* Demonstrable knowledge of financial and budget management.
* Sound knowledge of the latest legislative requirements as they relate to the area of work.
* A broad experience of service delivery
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All of our roles are subject to pre-employment checks including right to work and references so please be prepared.
Due to the high volume of CVs that we receive, we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always, however, hear from us if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Unipart Group Limited