Emergency Medical Tech-Basic
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Emergency Medical Tech-Basic - ST MARY Ambulance Rhinelander - Full-Time Rotating Shifts - 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to drive an ambulance to transport ill or injured patients to the appropriate facility.
- Ensures safe transportation of ill or injured patients.
- Maintains ambulance in clean condition and working order. Performs regular routine inspections prior to each shift to ensure safe operation of the vehicle.
- Assists with stocking the ambulance with needed supplies and ensures on-board equipment is in working order.
- Performs the duties of an EMT or Paramedic, depending on qualifications, as needed.
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients in the Emergency Department or in the hospital setting.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured during pre-hospital, inter-facility, or in-hospital transport in collaboration with medical direction.
- Initiates and implements interventions based on regional, physician directed protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Basic Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent and graduate of a state approved EMT-Basic course required
- No experience required; experience and/or education in the specific job field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement