Emergency Medical Tech - Advance
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Emergency Medical Tech-Advance - STMARY Ambulance Rhinelander - Full-Time, Rotating - WIAPP 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to
Provide basic life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients in a hospital setting.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have no moving traffic violations for at least one year and no major violations (i.e., hit and run, driving while intoxicated, etc.) for at least three years.
- Licensed Advanced Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Instructor specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited EMT-Advanced program required
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in the field of the primary work required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)