Production Planning Lead - ERP \ Medical Devices
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Sentinel IT LLP
Production Planning Lead - ERP/Medical Devices - GERMAN SPEAKING
Leading global medical device client require a Production Planning Lead for a long-term contract in Raron, Swizterland.
The Production Planning Lead directs the activities of the site's production planning team to include the creation and maintenance of the site's master production schedule (MPS) over a 12-24 month horizon. The Production Planning Lead leads planners and works with manufacturing partners to create realistic production plans. The production planning lead will also be the site's primary point-of-contact for production related issues and will ensure proactive communication to all relevant stakeholders.
Position duties and responsibilities
- Manages capacity planning requirements for the site including business supply needs, new production pipeline volume builds and other plant project work.
- Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacturing through subordinate planners and schedulers, develops and implements production planning policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures.
- Responsible for short term and medium-term capacity planning.
- Manages production planning and sets clear performance standards; holds people accountable for results, delivers customer service goals, optimizes inventory investments, meets production
requirements, safety targets, non-conformance/quality improvement goals, builds cross-functional and cross-departmental support, fosters overall group effectiveness.
- Coaches and guides teams/individuals to mine data from appropriate systems and to carry out complex analysis for ad-hoc business requests.
- Develops and manages local and sector programs to deliver continuous improvement in KPI's.
- Develops, coaches, and guides planning team in the execution of strategic initiatives and the realization of department and company goals; advances succession planning by holding career conversations with staff.
- Manages and controls plant inventory.
- Owns and updates sector vulnerability report.
- Manages plant Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB).
- Leads/supports all compliance process activities including change control, deviations, events & non-conformance reports and assess supply impact.
- Leads the team of planners for the site
- 4-year university bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Supply chain certification (APICS/IBF) desirable
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification desirable
- 5 - 7 years related experience
- Experience with ERP & advanced planning systems
- Production planning or manufacturing experience in a medical, pharmaceutical or consumer industry
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (eg GMP, ISO requirements) is desirable
- Ability to develop, coach and lead a team of planners
- Ability to coach & develop a team of diverse, Credo-based global leaders
- Ability to build strong collaborative teams and relationships, leading cross functional and/or virtual teams where required
- Ability to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels of the organization in both written & oral forms
- The ability to influence director & VP levels within the organization and in a Matrix environment
- Ability to drive & apply continuous process improvement tools and improvements to large and complex projects
- Working knowledge of financial processes
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Minimum Language required
Fluent English spoken and written mandatory; German conversational mandatory.
Please apply now for more details!
RM IT Professional Resources AG
Coopers Group GmbH
Coopers Group GmbH