Senior Design Engineer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
For a client of ours in the manufacturing industry we are looking for a Senior Design Engineer!
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure for the machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
- Collect specifications for a part of the infrastructure functionality, needed to generate a design
- Design the infrastructure (gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document this and present in the organisation where necessary
- Make sure the design is documented with proper models and drawings in NX/TCE
- Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools
- Perform the right calculations to predict the functionality. (Key words: Flow, pressure drop, Gas purity, availability, strength, etc.)
- Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers
- Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers
- Steer junior designers in making high quality designs
- Manage farm-out design teams and take ownership of the (external) created designs
- Refine, detail and complete high level functional diagrams (FBD) into detail ducting diagrams (DDD) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related
- Solid design experience in relevant industry
- Experience with NX/TCE required
- Candidate should be able to work independently in a dynamic exploitative environment
- Robust personality is a must
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.