3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GOOD ENERGY
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that's exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people; in their homes and their businesses to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy. Fast forward 18 years and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, helping shape national debate & policy and enjoying hard earned business success, with strong revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. "Together" has helped create a high performing team of c275 passionate, skilled and motivated colleagues. "Together" has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change.
About the role
As Infrastructure Engineer for VMWare, Azure Cloud, Office 365 Server and Storage, you will be a key part of the IT Infrastructure team within the IT & Digital department. The team is responsible for delivering and supporting IT solutions that help add value to Good Energy's business.
The core responsibility will be to support and evolve and design VMWare, Windows Server, server storage, develop and provide reporting on KPI's as well as planning the evolution of the environment to support company growth plans within Good Energy. Key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- To support and maintain the Good Energy IT infrastructure with specific responsibility for;
- Email system, Exchange 2012/Mimecast/Office365
- Windows 10 image preparation and deployment using imaging tools
- Server Room, architecture and record keeping. Install/removal of hardware
- Storage - Assist in supporting the estate
- Azure Cloud - Supporting our internal customer based in their move to cloud technologies
- VMWare - assist in the running, maintenance and creation of severs within our VMWare estate
- SFTP services and systems
- AWS awareness and deployment for Disaster recovery
- Generation and maintenance of SSL security certificates
- Support to service desk in delivering front office services
- Front office systems, Helpdesk (KACE), Office 365 suite, printing, self-service tools
- To pro-actively provide 3rd, line support for all other elements of the IT estate
- Ensure that capacity of Good Energy IT Infrastructure is in line with current and future demand
- Assist with annual budget planning to ensure that costing for future IT growth is fully and accurately forecast
- Create and maintain all infrastructure topology documentation
- With the team work to design, plan and execute Server infrastructure improvements, refresh and retirements
- Contribute to strategic roadmap planning for the future IT infrastructure evolution
- Pro-active approach to fault finding, service assurance and ability to perform root cause analysis and accurate follow up on corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Work alongside the IT Infrastructure manager to identify and execute cost saving opportunities within the current IT Infrastructure environment
- Support the project, development and application teams in any other activities deemed necessary for the department to deliver to its customers
- Ensure that security of the environment is maintained, and that all infrastructure is compliant with relevant patch and security levels
- Engage as required in project work to deliver new solutions to the business
With the ability to technically mentor other team members, you'll possess VMWare, Azure build and administrative expertise. To be successful in the role you'll have experience of design, deploy and maintenance of Office 365.
With strong documentation skills, you'll have experience of the building and administration of Dell Server Hardware and Dell Compellent Arrays.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people's differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you'd like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we'd love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to .
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we'll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We'll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We'll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we'll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won't share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we'll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We'll retain your information if you're unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
BMR Solutions Ltd