Senior Electronics Technician
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Modis
SENIOR TEST TECHNICIAN
Working within the Test Department and reporting to the Test Supervisor, the Senior Test Technician will be required to carry out tasks associated with the manufacturing process, within the test facility. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the product is tested to the required quality standards, whilst maintaining scheduled customer delivery dates.
Test Tasks may include the following:
- General Testing
- Electronically test items from production in accordance with customer specifications and by completing relevant test documentation.
Advanced fault finding to component level using customer circuit diagrams Assist and support other technicians within the department as required.
- Write and maintain process notes for all product tested Carry out visual inspections to IPC610 on all product tested.
Record defect information.
Repair and maintain test equipment where appropriate
Identify future equipment requirement
- Support product on and off site where necessary.
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
Assist in internal audits
- Strive to meet zero defects.
- Achieve and maintain specified manufacturing times
- Ensure shop floor is kept neat and tidy at all times
Responsible for maintenance of machine/equipment where applicable
Monitor and comply with Company Procedures, including ESD procedures
Monitor and comply with Company Health and Safety practices
- Analyse and Identify any discrepancies with test build packs and escalate any issues to a successful resolution
Carry out other related tasks as specified by the Test Supervisor
Education and Qualifications
Minimum HND in Electronics or relevant experience/knowledge of electronic principles
Experience and Training
Advanced fault finding to Proven experience/track record component level.
Computer literate (Word, excel) as a Test Technician; Experience in testing IAW customer test spec's
Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Reliable and dependable. Must be persistent and dedicated.
Occasionally able to work overtime and weekends at short notice.
Able to travel nationally.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information