Assistant Professor of Blue Ash
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Graystone Group Advertising
Assistant Professor of Blue Ash
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor position for the Nursing Department, beginning August 15, 2019. UC Blue Ash College is the largest regional college in Ohio offering primarily associate degrees, with an enrollment of approximately 5,100 students.
The primary responsibility of faculty is teaching, and it includes both classroom and clinical settings. Additional responsibilities will include professional/scholarly activities related to the profession and department, college, university, and community service. The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellence in teaching. The responsibilities associated with this position may include evening and weekend hours.
This position requires a Master's Degree in Nursing, proficiency in English, reliable transportation to clinical agencies, and an unencumbered license to practice Nursing in Ohio. Experience for at least two years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, and one year of teaching experience in a nursing program or other related teaching experience is required. A specialization in medical-surgical nursing, with a willingness to teach across settings is required. The faculty member must be able to perform the essential functions listed below.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants MUST upload the following documents to the application 1) a cover letter 2). CV/Resume, 3). unofficial transcripts, and 4). verification of RN license (will require social security number to verify RN license with the Ohio Board of Nursing).). These documents may be uploaded to the Additional Documents' section of the application. Applicants must obtain three recommendation letters from academic or health care professionals. Applicants must arrange to have the letters submitted by the recommenders to: UCBA Human Resources, Asst. Professor Nursing search or by email to (see below) .
Review of applicants will begin on December 14, 2018, but position will remain open until filled.
Essential Functional Abilities for Faculty Members:
The following essential functional abilities must be met by all faculty with or without reasonable accommodation:
- The faculty member must be able to safely and competently push, pull, lift and transfer adult and pediatric patients to chair, commode or other locations, as well as operate health-related equipment.
- The faculty member must be able to roll a weak or immobile patient from side to side in order to provide care, treatment, or administer medication.
- The faculty member must possess the manual sensitivity and dexterity necessary to operate health equipment and perform certain skills requiring fine motor coordination such as dressing changes, catheterizations, medication administration, pulse assessment, etc.
- The faculty member must possess the visual acuity necessary to read, compute and identify objects correctly.
- The faculty member must be able to communicate effectively with others. A faculty member must be able to interpret environmental cues and both audio and visual stimuli.
- The faculty member must be CPR-certified at the level of Health Care Provider and be able to competently begin and administer CPR.
- The faculty member must be able to engage in clinical activities for a sustained time in the laboratory and clinical environments.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an AffirmativeAction/EqualOpportunityEmployer/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.