Environmental Project Engineer
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Modis
Environmental Project Engineer
We are currently recruiting for 2 to 3 experienced Environmental Project Engineers for a 6 to 12 month contract role based in Hertfordshire. Candidates MUST have a minimum of 5 years' experience within a similar role and be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
A Principal Engineer within Environmental Engineering is responsible for all aspects of assigned tasks writing Proving Requirements, Proving Instructions, Test Instructions and Test Reports. Works under the line management of a Project Team Leader
- On assigned task packages, act as a point of contact with customers (internal and external), suppliers and collaborators as an expert to provide guidance and advice in all matters relating to Environmental Engineering to meet the needs, requirements and milestones.
- Provide support and consultancy to design teams, identifying and specifying Design Aid, Risk Reduction and Robustness test programmes as early as possible during development to improve the reliability of the product.
- Prepare estimates relating to all aspects of environmental engineering on behalf of the assigned Programme.
- In collaboration with the Systems team, write Environmental Requirements Specifications (covering Weapon Systems, Weapon System Sub-systems and Equipment as applicable).
- Agree formal clearance/qualification proving programmes, via the DVP, with assigned Programmes and compile the associated documentation (eg Environmental Proving Plans, Environmental Proving Requirements, Test Instructions and Test Reports).
- Manage proving/test programmes on behalf of the assigned Programmes within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority (planning, budget, technical decisions etc.), ensuring that relevant processes are adhered to.
- Report status of tasks and provide updates of Programmes to Team Leader.
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations into problems/issues to develop solutions/make recommendations, individually or as a member of a team.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to assigned Programmes based on results.
- Take delegated responsibility for Design Authority as appropriate.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be more effective (seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve) [Continuing Professional Development (CPD)).
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in environmental engineering.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and development.
- Attend Peer, Design and Trials Readiness Reviews to represent the assigned Programmes in environmental engineering matters.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information