Apprentice Commis Chef - £313 pw - Betchworth
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Crawley College
Duties to include:-
- To ensure that your department delivers a high quality service to the customers.
- You will ensure delivery of great customer service at best possible cost within brand guidelines and satisfying legal requirements.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the department so that all visitors enjoy a well-presented, professional and hygienic environment.
- To assist in the preparation, production and delivery of all food and meals to customers, so that their expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To attend a service briefing at the beginning of each shift and a handover at the end of each shift
- Build productive working relationships with guests and colleagues.
- Ensure full support with food handling is given to colleagues
- Ensure food preparation is carried out according to Food Safety and legal Requirements
- Ensure Food Storage adheres to Food Safety and legal Requirements
- Ensure clear and accurate communication between departments to allow all requests to be met on time and to the expected standard.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the department.
- Wear the appropriate clothing for their role and maintain a high standard of personal grooming
- Attend legislative training as required
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention
- To support departmental standards in the preparation, production and delivery of food and meals to ensure that we meet our customers expectations.
- To attend to customer queries and enquiries in a caring and helpful manner and with a commitment to dealing with the issue in a positive way
- To anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of food service, to ensure customer loyalty is maintained
- To ensure the customer is treated correctly, first time, every time
- Communicate any problems to senior management, and liaise with them with complaints beyond your control
Training to be Provided:
•Enjoy working and dealing with the public and being part of a team.
•Confident, pleasant and an excellent articulate communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations.
•Must be efficient, organised and self motivated.
•Have a good personal standard projecting a professional image at all times.
•Must have basic food safety certificate or equivalent
None required - skills and personal qualities are what we are looking for.
Friendly, reliable, ability to work well in a team, have fun while at work
Yes, there are three hotels within the group so there are opportunities to move into a permanent role or to one of the other hotels.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Room Discounts at all three hotels
F & B Discounts
NEST Pension (after three months)
Child Care Vouchers
Meals on Duty
28 days holiday
No public transport links to location so must consider travel to and from location.