Social Media Coordinator
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by United Church of Christ, National Setting
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION :
The Social Media Coordinator's overall responsibility is to grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into active fans and promoters of the United Church of Christ. Command of best practices and trends in social media management, marketing, creativity, and understanding of how to both build and retain a digital audience are required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage the United Church of Christ's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and potentially additional channels.
- Manage the social media management system, currently Hootsuite.
- Take a key role in coordinating a content calendar across ministries that includes a diversity of programmatic voices and types of content, working alongside other content producers to help create and distribute content that educates and inspires our audience.
- Work collaboratively to create approved shareable content appropriate for specific networks to promote our brand of progressive Christianity, to raise awareness of key missional issues, and to move people to act on donation or E-commerce campaigns and appeals.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about the UCC, other Protestant denominations and faiths, relevant secular organizations, and/or the American religious landscape, both from existing followers and from new audiences that don't yet know us.
- Generate statistical reports to track the success of UCC social media.
- Work as a member of a team to drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence to our website and to various fundraising and marketing campaigns.
- Explore new ways to engage new social networks to reach our target audience.
- Work with the officers as needed to help them maximize the impact of their voice in the social media outlets.
- Help to coordinate a pool of UCC leaders who are able to contribute social media content consistent with the voice of the United Church of Christ and for use as directed by the Social Media Coordinator.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform successfully in this position.
- A BA/BS degree in a related field, or significant social media or digital marketing experience.
- Social media certification a bonus.
- Three years of experience in social media and online communications. Digital marketing experience a bonus.
- Advanced writing and communications skills, particularly in online environments.
- Desire and sensitivity to work in diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and religious settings with commitment to pluralism in the workplace as well as in one's understanding of mission.
- Demonstrated ability to take creative direction from team leadership while also working collaboratively, collegially, and at times independently.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Ability to travel within the United States as necessary.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design, video editing and blogging.
- Experience using social media websites and software for content scheduling and monitoring.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder's responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
The United Church of Christ National Ministries is a Multicultural, Multiracial, Open and Affirming, Accessible to All, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Employer paid health, dental, life, and pension benefits Application Deadline December 28, 2018 About the Organization The United Church of Christ
Our faith is 2000 years. Our thinking is not.
We believe in God's Continuing Testament.
We believe in Extravagant Welcome
We believe the church's mission is to Change Lives
This position is currently accepting applications.