Mechanical Design Draughtsman
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Experis IT
Salary: £35 p/h
6 months initial contract
Purpose of Job
Part of a design team who provide support to the Advanced Products and Services Group, working closely with manufacturing and subject matter experts in a collaborative manner to design and develop ground breaking technology demonstrators from concept to manufacturing drawings.
- Understand the customer requirements.
- Develop design solutions.
- Use of CAD design tools.
- 3D modelling.
- Produce engineering drawings for manufacture, installation.
- Preparations of presentations for Design Reviews and meetings.
- Complete tasks to time, quality and budget.
- Delivery of design solutions in line with project requirements.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Proven record in Mechanical and constructive design.
- Solid Edge
- Experience in the use of SolidWorks would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
- An appreciation of other disciplines.
- Able to think conceptually and translate into viable technical solutions.
- Make reliable and consistent judgements under minimal supervision.
- Sound planning and organisation skills.
- Valid SC
Farnborough College of Technology