Credit Controller - CONTRACT
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Sanderson Recruitment Plc
An innovative, well known insurance broker is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join the team on an initial 3 month contract to assist the Credit Risk Manager with the increase in volume of work. This isn't your standard Credit Control position.
They are looking for someone who is innovative, self-motivated, driven and on the ball. You'll be dealing with numerous different bank accounts due to different business entities as well as different currencies. You need to be process driven with experience of streamlining processes and rewriting procedure manuals.
- Where required, produce and issue monthly broker statements.
- Reduce any Legacy overdue debt to agreed targets.
- Monitor the aged debt position within agreed targets for assigned brokers and the associated credit control activity.
- Operate as a credit control team to provide support and assistance to other areas when required.
- Resolve broker accounts queries according to agreed SLA's, liaising (face to face, by phone and email) with the underwriting regional offices and escalating unresolved items where necessary.
- Manage relationships with assigned brokers and Underwriters.
- Work within the companies prescribed Control Framework.
- Work to agreed Service Levels (SLAs) and quality standards.
- Management of the cancellation process between brokers and Underwriting.
- Analyse data and communicate any trends to the Regional Management Team.
- Measure and monitor own performance against agreed objectives.
- Understanding of the Policy Administration Systems (PAS), simple cash allocation, write-offs and refunds.
- Understanding of query management, the automated statement and cancellation letter sending process and the updating of contact information.
- Analysis of Management Information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to build strong relationships and build trust both internally and externally.
- Ability to meet expected Service Standards levels.
- Ability to analyse data and spot trends.
- Professional and results driven.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Able to present information in a concise efficient and professional manner.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and find solutions.
- Skills - Proficient in Windows based applications, in particular Excel.
TRAVEL IS REQUIRED WHERE NEEDED TO OTHER OFFICE LOCATIONS
Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering