Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Sanderson Recruitment Plc
- Ensures internal controls over financial reporting are sound and effective to ensure compliance with the SOX.
- Incumbents demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of compliance and control and a thorough understanding of SOX.
- Recognized throughout the organization as the SOX point of contact for a particular business/business partner area.
- Contributes in the execution of the SOX assessment program in providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope accounts and locations, planning, testing, documentation, and reporting of the effectiveness of financial reporting for delivery to the senior management and external committees.
- Contributes to the establishment of SOX compliance for the business/business partner area and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of that assessment. Leverages SOX compliance techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Contributes to the development and sustention of Control & Compliance initiatives to evolve controls framework, risk management approaches and operational efficiency. Co-leads the execution and delivery of controls & compliance initiatives to evolve controls framework, risk management approaches and operational efficiency. Provides guidance on the integration of internal controls into finance processes and systems to senior level management.
- Begins to build strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization. Liaises with other business units to assess control elements associated with new or potential projects.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop and implement consensual decisions.
- As necessary, partners with business continuity coordinators to develop disaster test scenarios and methods for managing the resulting hypothetical issues.
- Supervises, motivates and guides more junior control & compliance roles.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred
- Experience in public accounting, SOX testing, financial services or shared services is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) certification is preferred.
If you would like discuss this position further then you can contact me on (see below) or if you would like to apply then click below.