Field Service Engineer - South-West England
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Baxter
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Field Service Engineer
• To effectively deliver complete technical service and support for all equipment supported by Baxter
• To be the industry leaders in providing Technical Services across a wide portfolio of medical equipment
• Commissioning and installing machines at Baxter or Customer sites
• Effectively servicing broad range of machines in accordance with manufacturers and local UK requirements
• Efficiently diagnosing faults and repairing machines
• Flexibly providing emergency cover and undertaking emergency maintenance on site contributing to the overall team capacity
• Completion of detailed service reports recording all required information for all work undertaken.
• Maintaining accurate stock records for all inventory held and managing inventory levels to deliver a high first time fix rate
• Maintaining complete monthly reports to record time spent on activities not captured on service reports
• Representing the Company in a professional and service oriented manner
• Maintaining all Company assets in good condition
• Providing support and coaching to customers where required
• Proactively maintaining and extending own and others skill base and technical knowledge
• through personal development and training
Establish & maintain communication & partnership with customers, team members and business contacts
- Electro-mechanical engineering background supported by a technical qualification (e.g. ONC/HNC)
- Previous experience as a Field Service Engineer (Medical industry preferred)
- Experience of working in a highly customer driven organisation
Functional Requirements and competencies
- Be confident in communicating effectively with both customers an internal stakeholders
- Provide specialist information to support tender submissions for sales as well as technical service when requested
- Understand and maximise individual contribution to revenue and profitability
- Be able to identify an opportunity for new business or growth of existing
- Ability to be able to interpret data (machine generated e.g. black box files, basic financial, service delivery)
- Understand KPIs and be able to adapt working practices to ensure service level is maximised
- Be able to communicate with in an authoritative and professional manner and manage expectations
- Result oriented
- Strong Customer focus - Customer is priority attitude
- Strong team player, with flexible approach yet able to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work in a rapid response environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to recognise and escalate potential issues
- Attention to detail - quality process driven
- Full UK driving licence
What we offer
This is a challenging opportunity and a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people across various countries in Europe and beyond. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
You will be involved in exciting commercial projects which will make a difference to both the company and patients. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You'll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.