Housing Develpoment Worker (PT)
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Anonymous
Our cleint is seeking a Development Worker to join their existing team based in Newport.
This is a part time role and you will be working 18.5 hours each week
The purpose of this role is to promote and develop the generic housing-related floating support service in Newport for people aged 55+. In addition you will also provide crisis intervention Housing Related Support as directed by the Team Leader.
* To carry out any other duties as required by the Team Leader.
* Assist with general administration tasks
* Completing Schedule ii information and Gwent Needs Mapping Exercise (GNME) form as required by Supporting People Team
* Provide crisis intervention housing related support for service users at their home, in the office or on the telephone as required on an ad hoc basis during times of high capacity and critical need
* Assisting with the development and quality of service delivery by issuing, collating and evaluating feedback from service users
* To maintain a service development database
* Provide monthly reports to the Team Leader regarding development and promotional work undertaken
* Engaging extensively with internal and external stakeholders ensuring they are aware of the housing related support available to people aged 55+ across the city
* Ensuring that promotional literature is widely publicised and easily accessible to people experiencing housing related issues
* Promote Lighthouse 55+ within Newport City, engaging with older people 55+ in a variety of settings, including community groups and meetings in order to generate referrals to the service
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applicants who apply to our vacancies, in certain instances this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful. We will retain your details on file and advise should alternative opportunities arise