Development Travel Plan Advisor
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Anonymous
Our client is looking for a Development Travel Plan Advisor to assist in the assessment of Travel Plans at all stages of Travel Plan development, implementation, monitoring and review. To assist in managing the client's approach to Travel Planning, through the development, promotion and co-ordinated delivery of initiatives aimed at reducing the number of car-based trips in the borough.
Our client is a local authority, working in joint venture with a large infrastructure and Project Management company looking to improve the full infrastructure and development of one of London's largest boroughs.
What you will do:
* Maintain detailed knowledge of current legislation, policy and strategies relating to Travel Planning.
* Assist on the co-ordination, assessment, implementation and monitoring of Development Travel Plans for businesses, residents and other organisations, including the development and regular monitoring of Travel Plans.
* Assist on developer negotiations through the development control process to secure outcome-based travel plans which reduce the need for additional car borne trips and establish more sustainable travel patterns.
* Assist on managing budget preparation and the monitoring of relevant set budgets to ensure Best Value.
* Regularly review the Council's Travel Plan Strategy ensuring the strategy is effectively linked with other appropriate policy areas such as education and health.
* Monitor and report on relevant performance indicators.
* Assist in the preparation of Travel Plan related marketing communications and related material, including drafting press and publicity material.
* Produce management and Committee reports, technical documents and statistics in relation to Travel Plans.
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other partners and Boroughs, to ensure planned integrated work on promoting and developing Travel Plans takes place with key partners.
* Assist with securing funding for Travel Plan monitoring and related activities.
* Assist on dealing with all Travel Plan related enquiries and complaints, in accordance with Corporate guidelines.
* Contribute to the successful achieving of the Travel Plan Commitment, providing suitable evidence for the Client.
* Further the Development Travel Plan Business Case through securing and executing commissions successfully.
* Carry out duties with due regard to the client's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
* Assist the development of, securing agreement to and implementing of improved policies and procedures in relation to Travel Planning.
* Assist the development of, securing agreement to and implementing programmes of investment in Travel Plans.
* Working with other services within the Company.
The Essential requirements for this role are:
* Experience in travel planning or relevant experience.
* Good knowledge of current legislation.
* Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrate the ability plan, prioritise and monitor workloads to meet deadlines.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Good IT Skills.
* Good time /budgetary management skills.
* Able to work without close supervision and take responsibility to resolve issues.
* Experience of working with consultants/contractors.
* Ability to keep good work records.
* Commitment to a high-quality output and quality control.
* Confident self-motiving and innovative.
* Occasional out of normal hours working.
Desired requirements include:
* Membership of Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation or equivalent.
* Understanding of the principles of effective project management.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook Project.
* Understanding of specialist travel planning packages.
* Understanding of using financial systems.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to (url removed) or call Lyndsey for further information.
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
C & M Travel Recruitment