Development Control Engineer
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Anonymous
We are looking for a Development Control Engineer to become a member of our clients Highways Development Control Projects Team. You will be primarily responsible for assisting the Traffic and Development Manager in ensuring the delivery of highways infrastructure projects and associated highway legal agreements (i.e. S38 & S278 etc.)
Our client is a local authority, working in joint venture with a large infrastructure and Project Management company looking to improve the full infrastructure and development of one of London's largest boroughs.
What you will do:
* Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S184, S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
* Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and / or highway improvements (or contributions towards them) and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority. In addition, identify, quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums.
* To ensure that accurate financial information (including forecasting) is provided in relation to ensuring the services business objectives are met.
* Management of detailed records for all schemes; Ensure delivery of legal agreements, calculation and collection of financial bonds, commuted sums and fees.
* To organise and be accountable for the effective monitoring of Highway Legal agreements
* To liaise with internal and external partners to ensure triggers for payments are identified and acted upon and to ensure payments are received.
The Essential requirements for this role are:
* ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
* Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
* Proven experience in processing Highways Development Control functions such as S184 / S38 / S278 / Stopping Up Orders / Highway Planning Applications etc
* Wide experience of highways development management and / or related highways discipline
* Experience of highway design, construction and drainage techniques
* Working knowledge of basic legislation
* General knowledge of Planning, development and Transport Policies and associated Legislation
* Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
* Experience of working with Consultants / Contractors
* Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
* Confident, self-motivating and innovative
* Able to work without close supervision
* Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal business hours
* Valid Driving Licence
Desired requirements include:
* Membership of an appropriate highway institution such as IHT, IHIE, ICE etc (desirable)
* Managing Complex Engineering Projects
* Use of AutoCAD
* Own means of transport
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to (url removed) or call Lyndsey for further information.
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering
Hunter Selection Ltd