Assoc Product Line Mgr Basketball
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. products enable and inspire human potential, and it's up to the Nike Product Management team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product managers lead the creation process, manage product lines, and maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product Management employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether it's basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: the Product Management team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
As our Associate Product Line Manager, you'll provide support for all facets of the product process. You'll be responsible for creating insightful and impactful product briefs, as well as analyzing consumer and competitive trends in the market. You'll spend time with consumers, learning the channels of distribution and conduct analyses of the current business (including bookings and sell-through by channel, country, GEO, style and color, etc.) with direction from the product team. With direction from the Product Director and PLM's you'll help to manage the line planning, pricing and product creation processes. You'll participate in all facets of the product creation process. You'll also work with the PLM's to meet key deliverables each season, including Category Alignment, Assortment Finalization and GTM tools, VMLP & line plan updates, pricing, sample flagging, managing the color process, etc.
Note: This is for multiple openings.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Retail Merchandising, or a related field
- 2 additional years' experience in lieu of a degree
- 2 years' relevant experience in product-related roles
- Creativity and strong passion for product
- Strong business acumen
- Can foster and maintain relationships with Product Creation teams, Global merchants, Brand team and other key partners
- Has an appreciation for fashion, color, style and art
- Ability to tell compelling stories through product
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
- Proficient information-seeking skills and a drive for results
- Exceptional attention to details and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Travel up to 10%