Intermediate Scrum Master
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Nike
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications.
The Enterprise Finance Technology team needs a strong Scrum Master who will lead self-organizing and self-managing teams in applying and optimizing Agile practices to maximize team performance and effectiveness.
• Operates as a servant leader in service to the teams needs.
• Supports the team in practicing Agile principles.
• Assists the Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized.
• Coordinates or facilitates all agile ceremonies.
• Tracks and communicates agile metrics to team, management and any impacted stakeholders.
• Helps to identify, remove and/or escalate risks, roadblocks, and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the teams ability to deliver commitments.
• Assists team in using metrics and other artifacts to identify potential items for continuous improvement.
• Participates in Scrum of Scrums.
• Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics.
• An understanding of Agile Principles and how they're applied in workplace culture
• Facilitation skills within teams and groups
• Experience resolving issues at a team level
• Good communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
• An understanding of technology systems
• Understanding of Finance processes and/or applications is a strong plus
• Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
• Previous experience supporting teams
• Experience working with Agile or similar methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
• Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
• Scrum Master certification
• SAFe knowledge and/or certifications a strong plus