Global Sourcing Analyst II
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
- Assist in the creation of the seasonal and long-range source strategies
- With adherence to calendar deadlines, manage the seasonal source plan in PDM with consideration of vendor seasonal development and production capacity and capabilities
- Drive the creation and maintenance of reporting and data analysis tools for the sourcing department.
- In collaboration with the Costing team, understand profitability and margin metrics of the Columbia Sportswear Company brands and be able to influence and partner with vendors to achieve desired results.
- Participate on projects or issues that impact Sourcing, Costing, Production, Development and other related manufacturing areas.
- Build awareness of regional material capabilities and resources. Ensure alignment of apparel and material sourcing strategies.
- In collaboration with Liaison Offices gain an understanding of our suppliers' capabilities. On an ongoing basis, create, analyze and monitor reports on the performance of the source base.
- Consult with Categories and Brands on in-season needs and monitor and resolve factory capacity constraints in collaboration with Planning throughout the seasonal lifecycle.
- Understand global apparel trends, trade regulations, and company direction to maximize profitability and determine new source opportunities.
- Bachelors degree in business, apparel/textiles, manufacturing or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in apparel or other soft goods sourcing, development, merchandising, production or a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of garment manufacturing including, sourcing, costing, compliance logistics, distribution and planning operations.
- Possess working knowledge of materials and functional aspects of garments.
- Foundational understanding of global trade agreements and trade regulations.
- Ability to work well with individuals of different countries and cultures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Pivot Tables and Power BI
- Position requires travel internationally, approximately 15% of time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age