Apparel Technical Designer II
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by New Balance
- As an Apparel Technical Designer II, you will be responsible for making accurate interpretations of design's intent from development through production, while maintaining fit consistency and construction standards.
- Create and maintain all Technical aspects of the Tech Pack sent to vendors. This includes detailed construction sketches and sewing instructions, measurement verification and tolerances, graded measurement specs, fit evaluations and pattern corrections.
- Maintain fit consistency using fit models and dress forms, based on block patterns and standards specs.
- Identify any potential production, quality and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining design and fit intent.
- Schedule and lead fit sessions
- Research and resolve fit and construction issues using appropriate resources
- Participate in block pattern development
- Track and manage workflow and ensure seasonal deadlines are met.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.