Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Vista Outdoor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Vista Outdoor is seeking a Sales Coordinator - OEM/International to act as a comprehensive contact providing law enforcement, OEM and U.S. government customers with up-to-date information in regard to all aspects of the purchase, use and delivery of VISTA Shooting Sports products. Manage contract execution from award and open purchase orders, apply and maintain U. S. Department of State and U. S. Department of Commerce licenses in accordance with regulations, manage schedules and shipments to meet on time delivery requirements with freight forwarders and shipping departments, maintain export records, obtain freight quotations and answering communications with multiple internal departments.
- Receive incoming orders; review for program accuracy and process within departmental guidelines. Obtain management approval for all price, program and terms authorizations. Process order confirmations and proforma invoices as required.
- Serve as a comprehensive resource to customers in regard to all aspects of law enforcement, OEM and US Government products, programs and services.
- Apply for and manage DDTC (Dept. of State) and BIS (Dept. of Commerce) licenses in accordance with regulations.
- Coordinate the release of orders based on available-to-promise.
- Oversee planning through delivery of special orders and bids; prepare paperwork for special orders, documenting according to established guidelines.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of product lines, programs and prices, delivery times and marketing promotional services.
- Work creatively with customers and suggest buying alternatives as needed. Respond in a timely manner to customer communications regarding order activities, product availability, pricing, and terms.
- Manage all modes of transport for Int'l shipments with sales, manufacturing, credit, shipping, freight forwarders and direct customers.
- Maintain all international files in accordance with import/export regulations.
- Work cohesively with internal customers to accomplish exceptional customer service and to meet established company goals. Coordinate order activities with Sales, Marketing, schedulers, credit department, shipping, and manufacturing for all locations of VISTA Shooting Sports.
- Attend customer meetings, conferences and industry trade shows as requested.
- Perform special projects, walk-in sales and other related work as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 2+ years experience in a sales support or manufacturing customer service environment
- Excellent computer experience in a Windows environment (Word, Excel); AX / AS400 computer experience preferred.
- Excellent 10-key, alpha/numeric keyboard skills.
- Must possess a high degree of ethics and integrity, self-motivation and professionalism.
- Must be organized and service-oriented.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Must maintain well-developed communication, negotiation and instructional skills.
- Familiar with the structure of the U.S. Government and functions of individual agencies.
- Function effectively in high-stress situations.
- Available for occasional travel and weekend activities.
- Possess valid drivers license and (or eligible for) passport.
- Proficiency is expected within 18 months.
40% 1. Communicate information to customers.
a. Return all phone calls within the same business day
b. Process information requests within 2 business days
30% 2. Process orders efficiently and accurately. Goal 2 business days.
15% 3. Perform special projects and other related work as assigned.
10% 4. Act as an effective liaison between customers and other departments.
05% 5. Constantly increase knowledge of products and related information.
Specific Requirements of the Position
Employee will be sitting the majority of the time, with some walking. Lifting and carrying of weights up to 10 pounds to access books and reports and to transport paperwork and materials. Minor stooping and kneeling to retrieve files. Manual dexterity for extensive computer work and writing. Hearing, speaking and vision are required.
Must communicate effectively in verbal and written formats. Reading comprehension and basic math skills are a requirement. Flexibility to effectively deal with a variety of people and situations and to handle interruptions and multiple tasks simultaneously. Quick thinking and problem solving to readily assimilate information. Ability to maintain tact, diplomacy and highly professional manners. Initiative to effectively complete tasks with little supervision. The ability to identify and appropriately handle confidential information.
Telephone with headset, personal computer, computer terminal, adding machine, copier, fax and scanner.
Work is done in an office environment during normal working hours, though extended hours are sometimes needed. Significant amount of time spent on phone with customers. Co-worker support, guidance and reinforcement are readily available. Direct supervision is infrequent, though interaction is regular.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled