Merchandise Mgr, Outerwear, US
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
As a Senior Apparel Product Line Merchant Manager you will work with the Apparel General Manager and other Product Line Merchant Managers to establish the vision, strategies and seasonal concepts for a portion of the global apparel business. You will be responsible for introducing innovative, profitable, new products that will entice our target consumer. You'll be responsible for identifying long-term trends and opportunities based on analysis of product, consumer and competitive trends in the market. You will develop seasonal initiatives and line plans. Working with the General Merchandising Manager, you will construct long-term business plans and drive to achieve these plans. You will utilize market knowledge to provide clear product direction to the Design team and work cross-functionally with the product creation team to develop product lines, meet key dates, and achieve net sales, net margin, and corporate objectives.
- The focus of the Apparel PLM is to meet the unique apparel needs of the outdoor apparel consumer. In this lead product line manager role, you will be an expert on the outdoor apparel consumer and drive the creation of on-trend, market-right and brand-right product lines.
- Create and present seasonal product briefs that inspire both design and development in the product process. Incorporate marketplace influences and consumer insights. Seek input from Design, Development, Sales, and Dealers. Ensure that briefs are developed in accordance with brand, department and category strategies.
- Research, conceive and create new and innovative product ideas and initiatives - develop, manage and champion these ideas through the product process from conceptual stage through design, development, launch and market rollout.
- Act as category team leader and develop a collaborative working environment among product creation teams. Resolve process issues and recommend ways to continually improve the interaction of team members as well as process efficiencies.
- Present category strategy, prototype concepts, designs and product to key retailers, seasonal adoption meetings, and senior management in order to develop new product line offerings. Attend and present assigned category product lines to sales force at sales meetings and key dealers during marketplace visits.
- Help define and prepare sales tools and communication materials for category.
- Manage product creation process to ensure that key milestones are achieved and products meet the needs of customer base worldwide. Ensure seamless interaction to deliver a product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals, and calendar timelines.
- Ensure the accuracy of the style and product line information in the PDM system throughout the creation process.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline. Equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Requires minimum of 8 years product line management, retail experience or equivalent sales experience within the outdoor athletic segment.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age