Athlete Data Analyst
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Nike
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike's iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products' construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
Nike+ Smart Sensing creates simple, disruptive products such as the Nike+ FuelBand and HyperAdapt. We are a true innovation team working on understanding what is needed to move the world of sport into the future. We have immediate need for individuals who can thrive in a rapidly changing landscape who will focus on the collection and curation of data collected from athletes actively engaging in sport. In addition to data collection, this individual will be required to give context and meaning behind the numbers. A variety of sensors and standard biomechanical measurement systems will be used to capture athletes in motion.
The ability to schedule and manage a variety of testing plans and resources to meet overall project planning is a needed skill in the role.
Recipients of project updates will have varied backgrounds; the ability to tailor a message to an audience appropriately is extremely beneficial.
• BS in Human Physiology, Biomechanics, Kinesiology or related field. Individuals in other fields of study may be considered if they are exceptionally strong in other areas.
• Knowledge of descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, sample size determination and regression is required.
• Participation in and contribution to cross-functional teams is required for success.
• Excellent communication skills needed to present and share test results across a wide audience.
• Ability to parse large data sets using Python, MATLAB, or other scripting tool.
• Experience with instrumenting and testing with human subjects in an athletic setting.
• Ability to recruit test subjects and foster meaningful relationships with test subjects will be critical to success.
• Previous experience with sport sensors and the quantification of athletic performance.
• MS Degree is related fields of study.
• A willingness to learn advanced statistical methods, such as Design of Experiments.
• Experience with managing and analyzing large data sets.