Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by YMCA
Great opportunity for highly motivated, cause driven leader and creative team player to supervise 5-lane, 25-yard pool.
Eden Family YMCA
It will be the responsibility of the Aquatics Director to oversee all Aquatic programs including water exercise, swim lessons, swim team, scheduling staff and pool events, as well as pool maintenance. The Aquatics Director will recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all Aquatics staff to ensure a safe pool environment.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and two years of supervisory experience.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
3. Experience in budgeting and the managing the budget are a must.
1) Directing and supervising program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishing new program activities and expanding programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2) Recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling and directing personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviewing and evaluating staff performance. Developing strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensuring records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3) Monitoring daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4) Conducting and ensuring proper maintenance of pool(s). Securing and scheduling pool facilities. Maintaining accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5) Conducting lifeguarding, swim instruction, Oxygen Administration, First Aid, CPR and monthly in-service training.
6) Creating and scheduling swim classes and water fitness classes.
7) Assisting in the marketing and distribution of program information.
8) Developing and monitoring program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
9) Assisting in YMCA fund raising activities and special events as assigned.
10) Modelling relationship building skills in all interactions. Responding to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
11) Compiling program statistics; monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
12) Having the skills and physical abilities necessary to substitute for subordinate employees as required for regular scheduling and staff shortages.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Engaging Community - Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y's work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit.
· Communication & Influence - Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y's cause.
· Critical Thinking & Decision Making - Makes informed decisions based on logic, data, and sound judgment.
· Functional Expertise - Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Certifications preferred prior to hire and required within 30 days of hire include a nationally recognized Pool Operator certification, CPRO/FA Certification, current YMCA or Red Cross lifeguard certification, AED and Oxygen Administration.
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
Peter Baker, 301 S Kennedy St, Eden NC, 27
Resumes Accepted Until