Mountain Hardwear Production Artist
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
Responsible for creating the development process and technical aspects of Apparel styles by collaborating closely with Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Quality Assurance and contract manufacturers to ensure that design integrity, quality, and target price are maintained and that products are developed within established timelines. Provide critical computer data and technical garment illustration skills for seasonal styles and the PDM (product data management) process. Work with team members to ensure that calendar deadlines are met to reach critical Company goals and all product related information is accurate in the system and on time for production.
• Providing updates to styles for line adoption, audit reviews and sales sample review.
• Provide support for prototype creation collaborating closely with team members to ensure specification and prototypes are as accurate as possible and represent design intention.
• Work closely with Sourcing, Planning, Quality Assurance, Material Research, LO Merchandising team to understand our contract manufacturers capabilities and limitations.
• Review factory prototypes for accuracy, quality and function. Communicate findings to the appropriate persons including, Design/Merchandising, Sourcing and the LO Merchandising team and make necessary notations for sketch updates.
• Set up Fit Sessions with the team and execute necessary follow-up communication with Liaison Office partners. When styles are approved, move to fit approval and production status of BOM.
• Partner with Design/Merchandising, Sourcing, Planning, Materials Research, Quality Assurance, LO Merchandising and contract manufacturer to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
• In some categories, assist with the creation and coloring of CAD yarn dyes and/or prints. Build and maintain yarn dye or print artwork color ways and strike off approval related data in PDM throughout the season.
• Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Mountain Hardwear management, staff and other departments to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
• Maintain reports, records, files, samples pertaining to the process or styles. Ensure quality is maintained to established Columbia Sportswear standards.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent specializing in apparel design, fabric arts, or related field.
- Associate degree with 1-2 years related work experience acceptable in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- Technical flat sketches in Illustrator.
- PDM Bill of Materials
- Technical Instructions building, lab dips generation, prototype submission and review. For the assigned category ensure that Bills of Materials, specifications, measurements and construction comments are input into database, maintained and accurate.
Identify and Sketch in Illustrator any construction details or sew methods that need to be communicated to the garment factories.
- One to two years garment design/development experience in the apparel industry. Experience with outdoor industry and apparel category preferred.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age