Performance Spec Intern-Spring
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by EXOS
What you'll learn:
Individuals who join our team will gain knowledge and experience working in a highly skilled strength and conditioning and group training environment.Each week you will shadow, observe, and participate in the performance programming and services we offer our to our athlete clientele ranging from youth to adult, collegiate, elite, and professional. Our coaches and teams utilize our unique proactive health and performance training system that addresses our four pillars: Mindset, Nutrition,Movement and Recovery. As an intern, you'll participate in lectures, presentations, and practicums surrounding our specific strategies we use to enhance human performance and walk away with an in-depth understanding on how to implement this post-graduation.
Spring 2018 interns have the potential to work with the the NFL Combine preparation program. Check it out here for a glimpse of what we do during this unique experience.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and talented individuals who have a passion for upgrading the lives of all walks of life. These individuals must be pursuing a Bachelor/Graduate degree in Exercise Science or related field, interested in an industry certification such as NSCA-CSCS, NSCA-CPT, ACSM, NASM-CPT, etc., and a strong desire to become a professional in one of the following fields: Strength and Conditioning, personal training, sports medicine, or physical therapy. Eligibility for this internship is dependent on being able to receive academic credit for participation and completion.
If you are selected to participate in the EXOS Performance Internship, you will be responsible for the following
- Finding, securing, and funding your own housing for the duration of the internship
- Booking and funding your travel and relocating to the location of your internship prior to the start date
- Funding all food and transportation costs for the duration of your internship
Academic credit is a requirement, so we recommend that you speak with your academic advisor on this before submitting your application to our internship program.
- Must be receiving college credit through undergraduate, or graduate classes
- Must be eligible for work in the USA.
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year or master's program specializing in sport science, kinesiology, exercise physiology, exercise science, etc
- Must be able to dedicate 40 hours/week worth of work for the 12-16 weeks
- Must be interested in the field of Human Performance
- Proficient with Anatomy
- Computer Literate-Word and Excel
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to Detail
- Proactive and action oriented
- Certified in First Aid/CPR for the duration of the internship term
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Perform basic physical requirements of this job such as frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
University of Central Oklahoma