Member Svcs Sup (Greater Philadelphia )
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by YMCA
Come join our team! Make a difference! Fun work environment and great benefits!
Boyertown Area YMCA
The Member Services Supervisor is expected to supervise the operation and personnel of member services and implement member centered strategies that build member involvement; ensure staff excellences in providing services and programs that contribute to member retention, satisfaction and growth; develop and implement training programs that build a work culture that is responsive to member issues and needs.
- College degree in related field with 1-2 years of related experience supervising and in a sales environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, record keeping, and computer skills as well as the ability to build effective work teams.
- Ability to work well with volunteers, employees, board members and members required.
- Ability to operate all office equipment.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
- Assist with recruit, hiring, training, scheduling and evaluate staff. Build a committed staff team that reflects the mission and values of the YMCA.
- Assist with conduct staff trainings and orientations. Contribute to continuous improvement of service through staff recognition, satisfaction and retention programs.
- Monitor all registration and cash receipting procedures. Ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Ensure proper record keeping and deposits. Prepare reports of membership and program registration trends.
- Assist with creating member-centered work culture. Ensure that procedures, tours, communications, services consider member needs.
- Assist with new member's orientations, shepherd's program, member appreciation days, birthday recognitions, contacting new members and members with long absences from the branch.
- Help to coordinate facility schedule, lobby bulletin boards/displays, banners, member comment board, brochure rack, etc.
- Provide back up for the front desk staff.
- Assist with scheduling and conduct desk staff meetings. Attend meetings as assigned.
- Administer payroll and accounts payable for appropriate department/staff.
- Assist with managing all office related functions of the front desk/department (i.e. computer registration system, cleanliness of the desk and lobby area, supplies, and flyers/binders).
- Consult with members to direct them into appropriate healthy lifestyle programs.
- Provide a friendly and encouraging environment for members in the usage of fitness and wellness programs and services.
- Learn member names and encourage regular exercise routines and record keeping.
- Assist with tracking assigned participant's individual usage of the system and take appropriate action to ensure member retention, participation and progress toward goals.
- Cultivate and develop relationships and follow up with telephone calls, emails, correspondence, etc. to assist the member in achieving their wellness objectives.
- Provide consistent support to all members using the facility.
- Participate in providing tours to prospective members.
- Follow up with members to schedule orientations and to encourage regular exercise.
- Work as a part of a staff team in accomplishing the mission of the YMCA.
$10.90 - $13.84
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until