Assistant Athletic Trainer
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by VCU Athletics
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is seeking an outstanding Assistant Athletic Trainer who, under the general supervision of the Associate AD for Sports Performance & Student-Athlete Wellness, will coordinate athletic injury prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation for VCU intercollegiate student-athletes. Experience with submitting insurance claims is beneficial.
The sport assignment will be Baseball.
All candidates must apply via the VCU eJobs system at . This position will be posted until filled, with a priority review deadline of December 13, 2018.
Minimum hiring standards include:
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Valid NATABOC certification;
- Minimum two (2) years' experience working within college athletics;
- Current CPR / AED /First Aid certifications;
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive University vehicles;
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU ; and
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team, in a multi-tasking environment, with a strong sense of principles and ethics in regard to the welfare of the student-athletes.
Preferred hiring standards include:
- Advanced degree or experience which equates to an advanced degree;
- Experience working within Division I athletics;
- Experience with submitting insurance claims; and
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, which include nights and weekends.
Internal Number: FAB750
Paradigm Medical Staffing