Direct Marketing Manager (CRM)
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
The ideal candidate will thrive in a customer driven culture and understand the importance of utilizing customer data and insights to drive more effective strategies across all channels of marketing. This person will be highly analytical, have a strong background in direct marketing and be well versed in emerging direct marketing trends. He or she will be a true team player and work well with a variety of departments including IT, Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations and Creative.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1) Customer Marketing
- Create and manage the omni-channel customer contact strategy - developing, testing and executing direct marketing strategies to achieve business goals.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute effective customer-driven direct marketing campaigns to increase customer awareness and conversion, improve customer retention and LTV and generate a positive ROI.
- Understand the consumer journey and build automated programs to support business goals.
- Develop customer growth plans including new customer acquisition, lapsed customer reactivation and existing customer retention.
- Develop profitable customer acquisition strategies and campaigns to drive sales from the most-profitable segments.
- Use data to identify, target and deliver relevant messaging to customer segments.
- Assess current processes for data collection, vet out procedures and help set up a new infrastructure for gaining email addresses and insights about our customers.
- Develop and execute profitable catalog and print circulation strategies that balance trade-off of pages, reach, frequency and format.
- Develop annual catalog plans including optimal mail dates, segmentation/versioning, and budgets.
- Maintaining relationship with catalog production vendors - catalog consultants, paper broker, printer, mailing house, and co-op.
- Leverage IT partnerships and 3rd party relationships to ensure ongoing database maintenance and best-in-class tool suites for list selection, campaign management, tracking and measurement and business intelligence functions.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of consumer behavior and traffic drivers for both retail and ecommerce.
- Manage campaign projects end to end and ensure deadlines are met.
- Create and execute rolling 12-month test plan to continually fuel a pipeline of new tactics.
- Develop testing programs to facilitate actionable customer insight with predictive revenue outcomes for customer segments.
- Continually enhance campaign performance by updating and testing list segmentation and creative messaging/offers.
- Provide leadership to design new loyalty program and referral program, delivering on business goals.
- Establish customer KPIs and provide insight-driven strategies and targeted marketing initiatives across the customer lifecycle.
- Design, execute and interpret data analytics to make recommendations that further drive customer loyalty, improve the customer experience, and lead organizational change while creating business impact.
- Partner with Analytics to measure incrementality of all marketing programs, continually improving the efficiency of our investment.
- Summarize and communicate catalog performance data, including contributing to the post mortem meeting, and update catalog forecast as needed.
- Drive test-and-learn campaigns across consumer touch-points to enhance contact optimization strategies and overall ROI.
- Maintain marketing department budgets and expense forecasting, processing all department invoices, maintaining budget tracking logs and ensure accurate month end and year end reporting.
- Provide monthly and quarterly business reviews with insights.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics or related technical discipline is required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on analyzing direct marketing performance, specifically email and direct mail
- Budget experience with managing and tracking budgets and expenses
- Expert understanding of direct marketing strategies and impact
- Ability to work with agencies, consultants and internal team members to achieve goals
- Experience running CRM programs, and expertise with data & insights
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, technical knowledge and data analysis skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Understanding of direct mail production processes and pricing
- Proven ability to effectively communicate actionable insights
Technical Skills and Experience :
- Experienced with Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Omniture / Adobe Analytics
- Data visualization programs such as Tableau
- Understanding of data and personal information security best practices
- Understanding of current direct marketing regulations
- Advanced Excel, SQL a plus
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age