Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by HCA Healthcare
From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
We're at the forefront of ground breaking medicine and our clinical standards are a given, but it's the individual care we to each patient give that means 99% of them recommend HCA UK. Our facilities include The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
We are currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer to join our central compliance team and assist in the smooth running of the service by providing a robust and efficient administrative service, in line with agreed KPIs. This post involves ensuring that HCA new starter HR compliance processes and ongoing HR compliance requirements are maintained effectively and in line with agreed KPIs.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for managing the pre employment checking process which includes obtaining all relevant checks in a timely manner before their expected start date. This includes references, OH clearance, DBS disclosure, right to work information, professional registration details, risk assessments and any other requirement as stipulated by HCA.
- Accountable for managing the ongoing employment compliance process by following up on the renewal of various registrations. This includes DBS disclosure, right to work information, professional registration details and occupational health clearance.
- Accountable for managing the corporate induction booking processes, ensuring that each new starter has been confirmed on to a corporate induction session prior to their first day in the business
- Accountable for engaging each candidate / employee during their compliance process and actively work to minimise the risk of losing candidates during this time
- Manage all stakeholders including hiring managers, external suppliers and ensure that excellent customer service is provided at all times
- Pro actively seek to mitigate any potential delays in processing candidates / employee files an seek solutions
- Conduct audits on a regular basis, e.g. DBS, professional registration, mandatory training and Immigration.
- Maintain any systems that monitor the ongoing HR compliance of the workforce.
- Any other duties required for the provision of an effective central compliance Service as required by HCA
- Good level of education
- Computer literate - Word / Excel
- Administration experience preferred
- Maintain a high standard of practice in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Perform and maintain accurate administration.
- Good verbal and non verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Organisational skills
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly. You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.