Senior Java Developer
Posted on Jul 27, 2022 by Globallogic UK&I
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company. Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise - we help our clients imagine what's possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
About the role:
• Experience in backend development with Java
• Experience in front end development using either React or AngularJS
• Object Oriented Programming and SOLID principles
• A testing first mindset: TDD/BDD
• Cloud Technology
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
• DDD/Event Driven Architecture
• Serverless Architectures
• Able to work within an Agile setting
About you (ideally):
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of modern software engineering - TDD, Agile, DevOps
• A passion for open-source programming or commercial tooling
• Being part of implementing end to end delivery lifecycles
• Hungry to learn, out of the box thinkers
• A client focused 'can-do' attitude
• High attention to detail
• Continuously challenging the status quo
• Feeling comfortable to work with new clients
• Ideally passionate for speaking at conference and meetups
Why work at GlobalLogic.
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences - providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by business, customer and individual needs.
You'll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), discounted gym memberships, and in office yoga sessions and massages. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day - so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
We have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies "build the exceptional" and be fit for purpose in the 21st century. We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You'll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.