System Administrator - Working Student (f/m)
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Axel Springer hy GmbH
We are an Axel Springer-backed company based in Berlin. hy's mission is to fully understand the transformational power of the global tech and digital ecosystem and utilize it to the benefit of corporates, governments and their leaders. hy is a portfolio company of Axel Springer SE, Europe's leading digital media company and transformational pioneer. hy is based in Berlin with representations in Tel Aviv and Palo Alto.
Organized as a platform, hy facilitates the capabilities of transformative technology companies, entrepreneurs, experts, and investors worldwide. Egon Zehnder and KPMG are strategic partners of hy, offering their global network and expertise as part of hy's customized services and solutions. We at hy are committed to a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect.
In your role as our system administrator you will be responsible for the maintenance and management of the tech infrastructure at hy. On the one hand, you will support our Head of Business Operations in configuring and maintaining software systems that we use for our business management processes, such as Salesforce, Jira, Confluence and GDrive. On the other hand, you will be in charge of ordering and setting up hardware for our new employees and managing phone contracts and conference lines. If you have suggestions in terms of how to improve existing implementations, we will be all ears. In your day-to-day activities, you will interact with our leading pioneers within the digital transformation industry in Germany.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Maintains and configures our software systems such as Jira, Confluence, Salesforce and GDrive.
- Maintains and manages our hardware (computers, screens, cell phones, etc.).
- Provides desktop support.
- Manages existing and new mobile phone contracts.
- Manages our conference lines.
- Maintains and manages the internet infrastructure at the office.
- Independently researches and implements solutions in regards to software configuration errors.
- Can consult us in regards to implementing new software solutions in various areas of the business.
- A Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business Informatics, Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields. However, we do also consider candidates with other educational backgrounds.
- Experience in maintaining and administering various software systems
- Admin ability on Jira, Confluence, Salesforce and GDrive are a big plus
- A self starter with analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Drive for operational excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, under limited supervision and in a team
- A passion for emerging technologies, digital business models and startups is a plus
- Full professional proficiency in German and a strong verbal command of the English language is a must
At hy, we offer a competitive salary, an encouraging atmosphere and a great, highly motivated team. We're deeply convinced that full job-dedication should be no contradiction to a fulfilled family and social life. We believe in providing our team with an atmosphere and extras that are high quality and meaningful.
Mimi Hearing Technologies GmbH