Software Engineer, Tester
Posted on Jul 27, 2022 by Illuminate
Illuminate supports the national security community and its allies with a wide range of analytic and cyber effect solutions that accelerate informed decision made in the telephony, IP messaging, cyber, and multi-source arenas. Our customers require insight from the endless volume and variety of data to make critical, high integrity decisions at mission speed. We are an innovative solutions company striving to be a global leader in multi-source data collection, predictive analysis and mobile/network surveillance (4G/5G) and assurance, from the Edge of Collection to the Core of Exploitation, Tactical to Strategic, Endpoint to the Enterprise.
You must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. In order to obtain potential HMG security clearance with no exclusions, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen.
Summary of Position:
Designs and develops test software to verify the functionality of Illuminate products and services through the entire product life cycle from customer requirement definition to product shipment. The tests developed will be a combination of functional and performance tests. The tests should be automated wherever possible to allow Regression testing of the product capability.
We are looking for engineers that can carry out their duties in a largely autonomous fashion.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
1. Education Required:
- Honours degree (2:1 or above) in a relevant discipline (Computer Science or Engineering/Mathematics/Physics with strong computing content) or equivalent work experience
2. Knowledge Required:
- Software test development knowledge, typically using the following languages: Python, Java and various scripting languages. Other languages may be preferred depending on exact role.
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks.
- 5+ years proven experience of software test development.
3. Type and Years of Experience Required:
4. Skills and Competencies Required:
- Familiarity with modern test development frameworks, approaches, techniques, and tools.
- Be motivated, goal oriented and able to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- Be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with the team both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of modern development practices e.g. Agile.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills Preferred
1. Knowledge and Experiences Preferred:
- Knowledge of modern software development tools like GitLab, Atlassian stack (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence), etc
- Knowledge and/or experience of modern CI/CD approaches
2. Skills and Competencies Preferred:
- Knowledge of IP based communications networks.
- Knowledge of mobile networks.
- Knowledge of SDN
What you can expect
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other.
- An excellent benefits package including, flexible working, employee assistance program, full medical and dental care and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent training and development opportunities including, online and in-office training and a preference to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, income protection and cycle to work scheme.
The biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
Illuminate is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in Illuminate means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.