Inland Transport Section Secretary
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORT WORKERS FEDERATION
About the role
The Inland Transport Section Secretary will lead and coordinate the overall Inland Transport section work programme including campaigns, policies and projects.
This role will provide direction and leadership to ensure effective delivery of the ITF's strategic priorities through developing, leading and co-ordinating activities and monitoring specific programmes and projects. They will also lead and act as focal point for the ITF Inland Transport Section structures, committees and conferences.
Reporting to the General Secretary, the successful candidate will:
- Develop campaign, policy and project capacity within affiliates.
- Lead campaign and project planning for the section work programme in conjunction with affiliates, London staff and regional staff
- Lead the section work programme research and policy programme in conjunction with affiliates, London staff and regional staff
- Lead the work programme communications strategy in conjunction with affiliates, London staff and regional staff
The Inland Transport Section encompasses:
- railway workers (including train drivers, engineers, guards, control officers, signal staff, yard officials, shunters, rolling stock and track maintenance workers, cleaners, caterers, ticket staff and customer service professionals)
- road transport workers (including workers in both freight and passenger road transport, as well as those in call centres and warehouses providing support to the worldwide road transport network whether formally employed or working in the informal economy) and
- urban transport workers
To find out more about the ITF and what we do please visit our website .
The mission and values of the ITF are of utmost importance and as such, the successful candidate for this role must hold high ethical standards, displaying diligence and integrity when representing the organisation.
We are looking for a purpose driven individual with significant experience of effective leadership at a senior management level, including developing and leading key organisational strategies within a national trade union. This person must have a strong member/customer focused approach to service delivery and be able to demonstrate strategic thinking which resulted in successful organisational change. The role requires someone who has the ability to work effectively in a political environment, and who can effectively build relationships, displaying strong collaborative and influencing skills.
The Inland Transport Section Secretary will be expected to undertake international travel as required and must be able to work flexibly including during out of office hours.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary dependant on experience.
ITF also offers an attractive non-performance related guaranteed bonus equating to 1/12 th of your annual salary, as well as a highly competitive final salary pension scheme, international travel, critical life insurance, competitive annual leave and company closure days plus much more.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter through. The application deadline is 31st December 2018, with interviews due to take place in January 2019, in the ITF London or Singapore office.
ITF operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Calco Technical Recruitment Professionals
Pinnacle Recruitment Ltd