Scheme Reviewer - Animal Feed Ingredients - North Yorkshire
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Hunterchase Consultants
Kiwa Agri Food, based in Harrogate, have an interesting and varied new role for an experienced animal feed specialist OR raw material manager OR quality manager OR quality assurer OR someone with quality systems experience looking to progress their career. The main focus of the role will be to conduct technical reviews on Animal Feed ingredient audit reports and follow up on the corrective actions which may be necessary. The reviewer will work closely with feed sector clients, auditors and deal with feed sector enquires. Training and support will be offered by other members of the Kiwa Agri Food team, and external trainers, in the first few months.
The Animal Feed Materials Assurance Schemes covers all animal feed ingredients intended for direct feeding to animals on farm, or for inclusion in compound feeds and blends. It is based on HACCP principles, and now forms an important part of Food and Feed legislation.
· At least 2 years' of quality management, raw material management, or feed assurance experience, in either animal feed, pet food, human food or pharmaceuticals
· Relevant qualification or degree in Food, Agri-Food or similar helpful but not essential
· Excellent IT skills with good attention to detail
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organisational and planning skills
· Able to work alone and as part of a team
· Able to influence others and manage projects.
· HACCP training helpful
· FEMAS knowledge preferred but not essential
Location - Harrogate office - some home working possible after training period.
Salary - Competitive plus pension and other benefits.
Please email through your CV to or contact Margaret Wilkinson on for further details of this great new Animal Feed career opportunity.
IDEX Consulting Ltd
Integral Talent Ltd