HR Business Partner
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by ReThink Recruitment
HR Business Partner
Global Software Solutions Organisation | Coventry
Our company and culture
We love our culture - it has helped us achieve some amazing things. We will nurture and protect it. Passionate about service, we're on a mission to revolutionise our colleagues' and customers' experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It's a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job. We are more concerned about contribution than job title and we encourage collaboration and openness.
We all have a 'can do' approach and are all happy to roll our sleeves up in order to get a job done well and at pace - our aim is to delight our customers. We move quickly, we are proud of our success and even more excited about the future.
Working as a member of the HR team, the post holder will be a HR generalist responsible for providing a professional and comprehensive HR service, which adds value across the business and supports managers and staff to achieve their goals.
An HR generalist with involvement in project-based work (either leading or supporting), which includes:
- Providing HR advice and guidance to managers, team leaders and employees.
- Maintaining an awareness of current HR legislation and employment law.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of HR systems.
- Promoting positive workplace Employee Relations, and resolving issues where they arise.
- Conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations.
- Supporting the improvement of standards: of conduct, performance, attendance, safety and quality, using the appropriate control or disciplinary procedures.
- Supporting current HR strategies and initiatives, as well as the roll-out of new policies, aligned with the overall business strategies.
- Project-based work (either leading or involvement with):
- Recruitment - establishing an effective working relationship with our in-house, third-party recruitment provider, holding the function to account for the delivery of service to agreed SLAs, for benefit of the client.
- Graduate and Placement Programme - managing the graduate recruitment process, including: building relationships with universities, sourcing candidates, conducting telephone and face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
- Working with line managers to develop the placement and graduate programme for each intake of graduates, and acting as a mentor to the graduates throughout the programme.
- Learning and Development - supporting initiatives that support the development of individuals towards business goals. Supporting the HR Manager and departmental managers in the identification of training needs for all employees and the development of individual development plans. Designing and delivering training/briefing workshops. Annual engagement survey
Skills and experience
You will need to bring:
- Proven working experience as an HR Advisor, or similar.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPD qualified - Chartered Member Level (desirable).
- Appreciation and a good working knowledge of employment law and its application.
- High levels of drive, initiative and tenacity, flexibility, resilience and persuasiveness.
- The ability to support HR strategy.
- Competence in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the business.
- Discretion and confidential.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- An ability to be proactive and use own initiative.
- A keen eye for attention to detail/high level of accuracy.
- The ability to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work as a team player.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight timescales with the ability to prioritise accordingly.
We would like it if you would bring:
CIPD Chartered Member level
Hours of work - 37.5 per week
Working Pattern - 9am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
Location - Coventry
Michael Page Human Resources