Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Huxley Banking & Financial Services
A Senior mechanical design engineer is required to work within a project team to develop high precision instruments including complete machine and mechanism design. This role is based in Berkshire This is an innovative project and requires an innovative mindset to engineering and engineering solutions design. This role will suite someone who enjoys designing machines or desktop electro-mechanical systems. If you have designed products which incorporate pneumatics, linear actuators or robotics and you have a flare for innovative designs, then do not hesitate in applying. This role has huge growth potential working for a global manufacturer.
The role of Mechanical Engineer includes the following:
- Quick sketches of possible solutions to some of the engineering challenges.
- Develop prototypes of possible solutions using in house 3D printing machines and utilisation of the in-house tool room team.
- Work in collaboration with Mechatronic Engineer, Software Engineer, Application Engineer and Project Manager.
- The whole machine requires lots of innovative engineered solutions and once each solutions is found and tested then detail drawing will be required.
- The machine will consist of robotics, precision mechanisms with moving, lockable trays, accurate linear sliding systems to within 10 microns, UV curing systems and sortation systems. You will need to conceptualise and detail appropriate mechanism solutions
- You will not be expected to have done all of this but your will be expected to research existing technologies and/or develop new solutions.
- This will be 'from concept' design, handling the entire product life cycle through prototyping and test to supporting the product into manufacture.
- The role will entail frequent foreign travel
If you have the following skills, you should be suitable for this role of Mechanical Engineer:
- Mechanical Design of special purpose machinery including desktop instruments such as inspection, metrology, Laser scanning, 3D printing machines, small applications using microprocessors to control servos, stepper motors, linear slides etc.
- Creative product design with engineering.
- Experienced with 3D CAD (ideally Pro-E/Creo)
- Quick thinking and innovative.
- Technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics is highly advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
To apply pleased send the following:
- Updated CV
- Current salary
- Seeking salary
- Number of outstanding applications
- Notice period
- Confirmation to work in the UK
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please now.
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.